Matt's IEP


My personalized IEP. My original thoughts for this plan centered on a program called StrataLogica. My intent was to learn how to use this mapping resource and to implement it in the social studies classes I was teaching this past school year. Key to my learning about and learning how to use StrataLogica was a seminar for teachers in the Mat-Su school district. Unfortunately the seminar did not end up happening and I was not able to familiarize myself with StrataLogica.

My subsequent IEP came about almost accidentally. We (my MAT cohort) have been tasked with keeping our own blog and if you are reading this you are reading mine. I am a far cry from what has been termed a “blogger”. Regardless I can see it awesome potential as a teaching tool and I created another blog specifically to use for an Audio conference presentation I did. The Presentation was on the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. After presenting over the phone and having those who had Internet follow along on the blog I realized that I could with some tweaking use it to present the information as well as lessons and activities for the unit on ANCSA to my Alaskan Studies students.

I did not have the opportunity to use it this last semester as I had already covered that material but I plan to use it extensively in the years to come. Use this link to view the blog that has become my ANCSA Unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment